The importance of support for ongoing clients
It is a sign that eCommerce is no longer in its infancy and the 2nd and 3rd generation of online shops is now upon us, as we have noticed an ever-growing increase in enquiries from companies unhappy with their incumbent development agency.
With over 350 clients under our belt we know that ongoing support for a website, especially an online shop, is paramount to running a good business. The ‘go live’ moment when a website is launched is only the start of the relationship.
So if you are looking to engage a good web design agency, make sure that their ongoing support service is helpful, robust and offers clear service level agreement options. We think the following is important:
- A dedicated team – not just one person but a range of people and skills, so that if your regular developer goes on holiday your website isn’t left vulnerable.
- Expectations – be aware of the ongoing support your client really needs. Do they just want to touch base every 6 months as they only have a brochure site, or are they expecting you to be contacting them regularly with trend updates, ideas for changes on the site and a content strategy.
- SLA – service level agreements are so important for transactional websites, where we can set guaranteed response times, monthly plugin updates that happen automatically and preferential development.
- Contact Trail – we have a dedicated ‘support’ email address that links to our ticketing system. The email also flashes up on the screens of 5 different developers, so someone is always there to respond if a critical ticket is raised. It also allows for a clear audit trail of response and correspondence about the issue or request.
- Phone Friendly – lastly it’s all about being at the end of a phone, because we do not have answer machine on between 9-5 Monday to Friday, meaning we don’t hide behind email! We urge our clients to call us if they need to.
Daneswood understands that the website is only the start of the journey for your business. From producing leads, enabling transactions and sales, to supporting your customers, the website is central to growth and revenue. So should support needs to be there to help you achieve this.
If you need help with ongoing support of your website, then call us today to talk through your options 01392 248 365