GDPR is coming…is your mailing list ready?
Daneswood GDPR Readiness – £150 + VAT
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is less than 50 days away and is set to be the most important change to Data Privacy in over 20 years, incurring fines of up to €20 million for those who fail to be compliant. Unfortunately, we can’t wave a magic wand and make you compliant with the new regulations but we can help you with some of the tasks you need to undertake.
So, what should you do?
It all depends on whether you capture personal details through your website and then use that information to market to those people. If you do, then there are two options available to you –
- you can take the Wetherspoon’s approach and delete years of valuable data just to be on the safe side
- or you can get all your customers whose emails you have captured to ‘opt in’ to hearing from you via a new ‘Permissions Campaign’.
Will my email subscription list be smaller?
The short answer to this one is yes, but there is good news! Your new list will have:
- Quality contacts (it’s not about quantity)
- Much higher open rates
- Higher conversions
- Lower costs
- A personalised audience who are genuinely interested in what you’re selling
Let Daneswood do the hard work
This is where we come in – for a flat rate of just £150 + VAT we will:
- Create a MailChimp e-shot design with your branding and write the ‘opt-in permission’ text for it
- Send 3 permission e-shots to your mailing list in MailChimp, staggered over time to ensure maximum effectiveness
- Create a ‘hidden opt-in form/page’ on your website that records who has re-subscribed
- Ensure anyone who ‘opts in’ is captured efficiently for future mailing and all those who don’t are excluded, leaving you with a ‘cleaned list’ to use
If you use another email marketing system that isn’t Mailchimp – or you simply have a list of email addresses sitting there gathering dust – we can still help you, so please call us to discuss.
What about my website?
What you need to do
So, ensure that your mailing lists are GDPR ready and ask Daneswood to help you get one step closer to following compliance guidelines and avoid a fine.
Be GDPR safe, not sorry
Contact Luke today to discuss your GDPR readiness needs on 01392 248 365 or [email protected]